Data Centre Technician
A Data Centre Technician is responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of a data centre. This includes monitoring and maintaining the physical infrastructure, troubleshooting and resolving issues, and ensuring the security and integrity of the data stored within the centre.
- Monitor and maintain the physical infrastructure of the data centre, including servers, storage systems, and networking equipment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise within the data centre, including hardware failures and software errors.
- Ensure the security and integrity of the data stored within the data centre, including regular backups and disaster recovery procedures.
- Maintain accurate documentation of the data centre's inventory and configuration.
- Communicate with other members of the IT team to coordinate maintenance and upgrade schedules.
- Provide support to other teams as needed, including IT, security, and operations.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in computer science, IT, or a related field.
- Experience working in a data centre or similar environment.
- Strong knowledge of data centre infrastructure and technologies, including servers, storage systems, and networking equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.