An electricity supply professional is responsible for ensuring that electricity is supplied to homes, businesses and industries in a safe, reliable and efficient manner. This includes planning, designing, building, maintaining and operating electrical power systems and networks.
- Plan and design electrical power systems and networks to meet the needs of customers
- Build and construct electrical power systems and networks to ensure they are safe, reliable and efficient
- Maintain and repair electrical power systems and networks to ensure they are operating at optimal levels
- Monitor and control the flow of electricity to ensure it is being distributed in an efficient and effective manner
- Respond to power outages and other emergencies to restore power as quickly as possible
- Work closely with other utilities and government agencies to ensure compliance with regulations and standards
- Keep up-to-date with new technologies and innovations in the electrical power industry
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or a related field
- Experience in the electrical power industry, including experience with power systems and networks
- Knowledge of electrical power systems and networks, including design, construction, operation and maintenance
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Valid driver's license and the ability to travel as needed.