Food and beverage manager
A Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for overseeing the operation and management of all food and beverage outlets within a hotel, restaurant, or other establishment. The job responsibilities of a Food and Beverage Manager include:
- Developing and implementing strategies to increase revenue and profitability
- Developing menus and specials
- Ensuring customer satisfaction
- Managing and training staff
- Overseeing inventory and ordering supplies
- Ensuring compliance with food safety regulations
- Proven experience as a Food and Beverage Manager or similar role
- Experience in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of food and beverage service, food preparation and presentation
- Ability to manage budgets and financial plans
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- A degree in hospitality management or a related field is preferred.
Additionally, a food and beverage manager should have a good understanding of current market trends, and be able to use this knowledge to make informed decisions about menu offerings and pricing. They should also be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders, including restaurant and hotel staff, suppliers, and customers.