How do I make a delicious homemade Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp?
To make a delicious homemade Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp, follow these simple steps:
Ingredients: - 1 lb of large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined - 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter - 4 cloves of garlic, minced - Zest and juice of 1 lemon - 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley - Salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions: 1. Start by rinsing the shrimp under cold water and pat them dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Once the butter has completely melted, add the minced garlic to the pan. Sauté for about 1 minute until the garlic is fragrant.
3. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the shrimp to the pan. Cook the shrimp for about 2-3 minutes on each side until they turn pink and opaque. Be careful not to overcook as shrimp can become rubbery.
4. Once the shrimp are cooked, reduce the heat to low. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and chopped parsley to the pan. Stir well to combine and coat the shrimp in the lemony-garlic butter sauce.
5. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper according to your taste. Give it a final stir to ensure all the flavors are well incorporated.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and serve the Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp immediately. You can pair it with rice, pasta, or a fresh green salad.
Enjoy your delicious homemade Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp!
How long will it take to prepare Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp?
What ingredient do i need for Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp?
To make Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp, you will need the following ingredients:
- Shrimp (peeled and deveined) - Garlic (minced) - Butter - Lemon juice - Salt - Black pepper - Fresh parsley (chopped, for garnish)
How do I know when Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp it's done?
There are a few indicators to determine when Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp is done:
1. Color: The shrimp should change color from translucent to opaque. The flesh will turn pinkish-white and the shells will turn bright pink or orange.
2. Texture: Cooked shrimp should have a firm and slightly springy texture. It should not be mushy or rubbery.
3. Curling: Shrimp tend to curl up when cooked. Look for the shrimp to curl into a loose "C" shape.
4. Internal temperature: Shrimp should be cooked until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C). Using a food thermometer is the most accurate way to check the temperature.
Additionally, the cooking time can vary depending on the size and thickness of the shrimp. Generally, large shrimp take about 2-3 minutes per side to cook through, while smaller shrimp may take 1-2 minutes per side. It is important not to overcook the shrimp, as they can become tough and rubbery.
What equipment do I need to prepare Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp?
To prepare Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp, you will need the following equipment:
1. Cutting board - for chopping garlic and slicing lemon. 2. Knife - for cutting garlic and lemon. 3. Bowl - for marinating the shrimp. 4. Whisk - for mixing the marinade ingredients. 5. Skillet or frying pan - for cooking the shrimp. 6. Tongs or spatula - for flipping and stirring the shrimp while cooking. 7. Garlic press (optional) - for crushing garlic. 8. Measuring spoons - for accurately measuring ingredients. 9. Serving dish - for serving the cooked shrimp. 10. Paper towels (optional) - for draining excess moisture from the shrimp before cooking.
Make sure to thoroughly clean and sanitize all of the equipment before and after use.
Can I prepare Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp in advance?
Yes, you can prepare Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp in advance. However, it is recommended to store the shrimp and sauce separately to ensure the shrimp remains tender and doesn't become overcooked. Here are the steps you can follow:
1. Cook the shrimp: Sauté the shrimp in a pan with garlic, butter, lemon juice, and any desired seasonings. Cook until the shrimp turn pink and are cooked through. Make sure not to overcook them.
2. Prepare the sauce: In a separate saucepan, melt butter and sauté minced garlic until fragrant. Add lemon juice and any additional seasonings like salt, pepper, or herbs. Simmer for a few minutes to infuse the flavors.
3. Cool the shrimp and sauce: Allow the cooked shrimp and sauce to cool down completely at room temperature.
4. Storage: Once cooled, transfer the shrimp to an airtight container and pour the sauce into a separate container. You can also refrigerate them in ziplock bags, ensuring they are sealed tightly.
5. Refrigeration: Place both the shrimp and sauce in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Make sure to keep them stored at a proper temperature of below 40°F (4°C) to prevent any bacterial growth.
6. Reheating: When you are ready to serve, either reheat the shrimp in a pan or in the oven until warmed through. Heat the sauce separately in a small saucepan until it is melted and warmed. Then, combine the shrimp and sauce together.
By following these steps, you can prepare Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp in advance while still ensuring they taste fresh and delicious when reheated.