How do I make a delicious homemade Chicken Marsala?
To make a delicious homemade Chicken Marsala, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - ½ cup all-purpose flour - Salt and pepper to taste - 2 tablespoons olive oil - 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided - 1 cup sliced mushrooms - ½ cup Marsala wine - ½ cup chicken broth - ½ cup heavy cream - 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Here's the step-by-step process:
1. Start by pounding the chicken breasts to an even thickness, about ½ inch. This will help them cook more evenly. Pat them dry with a paper towel. 2. In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess. 3. Heat the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter has melted, add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the cooked chicken breasts from the skillet and set aside. 4. In the same skillet, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and sliced mushrooms. Sauté the mushrooms until they are nicely browned and tender. 5. Pour in the Marsala wine and chicken broth, using a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes, allowing the alcohol to cook off. 6. Reduce the heat to low and add the heavy cream to the skillet. Stir to combine the ingredients and let simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly. 7. Return the chicken breasts to the skillet, nestling them into the sauce. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the chicken is heated through and well-coated in the sauce. 8. Sprinkle chopped fresh parsley over the top as a garnish. 9. Serve the Chicken Marsala with mashed potatoes, pasta, or a side of vegetables.
Enjoy your delicious homemade Chicken Marsala!
How long will it take to prepare Chicken Marsala?
On average, it takes about 30 minutes to prepare Chicken Marsala. However, the actual time can vary depending on factors such as the recipe, cooking skills, and the specific ingredients and equipment available.
What ingredient do i need for Chicken Marsala?
The main ingredient you need for Chicken Marsala is chicken breast. Additionally, you will require Marsala wine, mushrooms, shallots or onions, garlic, flour, chicken broth, and butter or olive oil for cooking. Salt, pepper, and herbs like parsley or thyme can also be used for seasoning.
How do I know when Chicken Marsala it's done?
There are a few ways to determine if Chicken Marsala is cooked and done:
1. Internal temperature: Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. It should reach 165°F (74°C) in the thickest part of the meat.
2. Cook time: Chicken Marsala typically takes around 15-20 minutes to cook. The chicken should be firm and no longer pink in the center.
3. Texture: The chicken should be tender and moist when done. Cut into a piece of chicken to check if the meat is white and no longer pink.
4. Juices: When the chicken is fully cooked, the juices that come out should be clear, not pink or bloody.
It's important to avoid overcooking the chicken, as it can become dry and tough. It's best to use a combination of these methods to ensure your Chicken Marsala is properly cooked.
What equipment do I need to prepare Chicken Marsala?
1. Cutting board: For chopping and preparing the chicken and other ingredients. 2. Chef's knife: To cut and slice the chicken, mushrooms, and other ingredients. 3. Meat mallet: To tenderize the chicken breasts if required. 4. Plastic wrap: To cover the chicken breasts while tenderizing. 5. Frying pan or skillet: To cook the chicken and reduce the sauce. 6. Tongs or spatula: For flipping and turning the chicken while cooking. 7. Plate or tray: To hold the cooked chicken temporarily. 8. Wooden spoon: To stir and scrape the pan while preparing the sauce. 9. Measuring cups and spoons: For accurately measuring the ingredients. 10. Garlic press: To mince or press garlic cloves for flavor. 11. Kitchen towel or paper towels: To pat dry the chicken and clean up any spills. 12. Aluminum foil: To tent the cooked chicken to keep it warm while preparing the sauce. 13. Serving platter: To present and serve the cooked Chicken Marsala. 14. Optional: Food processor or blender to blend the sauce ingredients to a smoother consistency.
Remember to always follow safety guidelines and use oven mitts or pot holders to handle hot pans or trays.
Can I prepare Chicken Marsala in advance?
Yes, you can prepare Chicken Marsala in advance. You can cook the chicken until it is nearly done, then cool and refrigerate it. When you are ready to serve, simply reheat the chicken in the Marsala sauce until it is cooked through. This can save you time and make the flavors even more developed.